Classic Pecan Pralines Recipe
Sugary. Buttery. Pecans. Need we say more?
Fresh Louisiana pecan pralines are a classic sweet treat that must be enjoyed during your trip to Louisiana. And to avoid any cravings, now you can make these tasty bites at home and bring a little Louisiana sugar to your table.
Ingredients for Pecan Pralines:
- 3 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter (½ stick)
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Method of Preparation:
- Rough chop pecans halves.
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring mixture constantly.** 6-8 minutes, or until a candy thermometer registers 236 degrees (soft ball stage).
- Remove mixture from heat, and add butter. Stir in pecans and vanilla, using a wooden spoon, and stir constantly until candy begins to thicken.
- Working quickly, drop by heaping spoonfuls onto wax paper. Let stand until firm.