Country Pecan Pie Recipe
By Classic Golden Pecans
What’s a holiday gathering without a slice of pecan pie? The folks at Classic Golden Pecans graciously shared their recipe with us. Visit their website or Lafayette store (4303 Johnston St.) for shelled pecans, pecan pepper jelly, pecan fudge and more. In the store, they also make delicious flavored pecans including cinnamon, Cajun spice, roasted, buttered, salted and honey toasted.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped Classic Golden Chef's Choice Pecans
- 9-inch pie shell
- whipped cream or ice cream
Method of preparation:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Over low-medium heat, cook butter in saucepan, watching closely but not stirring, until golden brown about 5 to 8 minutes. Do not burn.
- Pour browned butter into bowl and set aside. Over heat, blend together the corn syrup, honey, sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt, stirring until smooth.
- Add browned butter; stir again until butter is incorporated.
- Place the chopped pecans into the pie shell. Pour the mixture into the pie crust and over the Classic Golden Chef's Choice Pecan halves.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes and then lower heat to 325 degrees and bake another 40 minutes. Center may seem a bit liquid but will set as the pie cools.
- Serve with real whipped cream or ice cream.