Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
This Louisiana staple dish will make your tastebuds realize the real meaning of comfort food.
Jambalaya is not only fun to say but it's even more fun to eat. This savory comfort food dish is easily found anywhere throughout the state of Louisiana but now you can bring some of that Louisiana love to your own table with this recipe for chicken and sausage jambalaya.
Watch the 60-second instructional video below to get a few tips while making this drool-worthy dish.
Ingredients for Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound andouille or smoked sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 cups long grain Louisiana rice
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and sausage; cook and stir 5 minutes. Remove from skillet. Pour off excess oil.
- Add onion, bell pepper and celery; cook and stir on medium heat until onion is softened. Stir in Cajun seasoning and bay leaves
- Return chicken and sausage to skillet. Add rice and stock; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff and remove bay leaves before serving.