12 Days of Christmas in Louisiana
Louisiana knows how to throw a party, and the holiday festivities are no exception. From parades to fireworks, visits with Santa and so much more, there is no shortage of fun to be had this season.
With the extensive list of safe and fun holiday festivities around Louisiana, figuring out how you want to celebrate can almost be overwhelming. We’re here to help you navigate with a guide that highlights just some of the best events in every corner of the state.
- Celebrate one of Louisiana’s longest-running Christmas traditions – the Natchitoches Christmas Festival. Each year, downtown Natchitoches transforms into a holiday wonderland with hundreds of thousands of colored lights and set pieces. The festival was previously ranked as the 3rd “Best Holiday Light Show” behind Rockefeller Center and Disneyland by Yahoo! Travel – it’s a must-see event! Don't forget that this year, if you will be attending on a Saturday for the fireworks spectacular you must purchase your wristband ahead of time online.
- The Downtown New Iberia Christmas Parade rolls down Historic Main Street District in New Iberia spreading holiday cheer among 200,000 Christmas lights and displays.
- Christmas Past Festival in Mandeville features more than 75 artists, craftsmen and merchants from across the Greater New Orleans area. The festival theme “Christmas Past Classics” will give nod to classic holiday films including The Grinch, Santa Clause, A Christmas Carol, Elf and Polar Express. Admission to the event is free, and attendees are encouraged to get in the holiday spirit – costumes and holiday attire add to the festive atmosphere!
- The annual Christmas in Haughton parade and festival will include a Dashing Thru The Glow" 5k & 1 mile Fun Run. Come out and enjoy a great festival with live music, vendors, Santa Land, a kids' zone and more.
- Stop by Destrehan Plantation for A Candy Cane Celebration, where you can make holiday crafts, play reindeer games and win prizes, visit Santa under the old oak tree, enjoy storytelling by Mrs. Claus in the outdoor kitchen, participate in the Color Elijah the Elf coloring contest, go on a candy cane hunt, and purchase confections from the Sweet Shop.
- Looking for the perfect holiday selfie for the ‘gram? Stop by the famous Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans for a look at their wildly popular, ornate decorations – the perfect backdrop for a photo-op.
- While in NOLA, plan a trip to Celebration in the Oaks, where City Park is transformed into 25 acres of dazzling Christmas fun. The Park, Botanical Garden, Storyland and Carousel Gardens Amusement Park are loaded with hundreds of thousands of lights to create a drive-through winter wonderland in the Big Easy.
- Head over to New Roads for "A New Roads Christmas" – featuring carnival rides, food booths and pictures with Santa. After a parade rolls through downtown, you’ll see the Christmas tree lighting and hear the cheerful sounds of caroling.
- Don't miss Monroe’s Christmas Market at the Monroe Civic Center Banquet Hall. Browse boutiques, holiday decor and greenery, stocking stuffers, ornaments, wreaths, handmade jewelry, and one of a kind art from a variety of local vendors.
- In Shreveport, the Christmas in Roseland lights display transforms the gardens of the American Rose Center into a winter wonderland with thousands of twinkling lights. And don’t miss the Christmas on Caddo Fireworks Festival for rocking music and fireworks.
- Help light the way for Papa Noel this Christmas Eve and celebrate with Christmas Bonfires on the Mississippi River levee in Louisiana's River Parishes.
- Deck the Park with Pyrotechnics at Coquille Park in Covington will feature food trucks, arts & crafts vendors, kids games including GIANT Jenga & Connect 4, a petting zoo, inflatables to bounce out all of the energy, face painters for the whole family, a glitter bar and more. Catch a movie night in the park on a HUGE inflatable screen, and the Gulf South's most epic Christmas Fireworks Musical Display.
Want to celebrate all season long across North Louisiana? Take a trip down the Holiday Trail of Lights. Experience holiday lights, parades, fireworks, shopping and many exciting events in eight of Louisiana’s festive cities.
*Please note that these events are subject to change due to COVID-19 safety protocols and CDC guidelines. Please check event websites and social media channels for up to the minute information.