Louisiana Barbecued Shrimp Recipe
This Pot O' BBQ Shrimp recipe will leave everyone delightfully happy! Its finger-licking good!
Dive into the simple and iconic Louisiana dish with the Pot O’ BBQ Gulf Shrimp recipe from executive chef Chris Montero at the Napoleon House in New Orleans. Add this to your recipe book, along with these additional Louisiana recipes.
Ingredients for BBQ Shrimp
- 16 12–15 count head-on Louisiana shrimp, body peeled*
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons finely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 cup amber beer
- 1 whole lemon
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 4 sprigs rosemary, for garnish
Method of Preparation:
Place first eight ingredients into a 10-inch sauté pan. Squeeze lemon over and place half the lemon in the pan. Cook over high heat, turning shrimp occasionally, until shrimp are just cooked and liquid is reduced by three-quarters. Reduce heat to medium-low and add butter, one tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly, until the butter is melted. Serve with your favorite bread for dipping. Serves 4 as an appetizer or 2 as an entrée.
*Note: If you don’t have access to head-on shrimp, by all means go ahead and make the recipe; it will still be delicious. The heads add flavor but are not crucial to the dish.
When buying seafood, make sure to check labels to ensure that you're buying domestic product, from Louisiana if available. U.S. seafood tastes better and it's regulated by the FDA, so it's always safe.