Retire in Ruston and Lincoln Parish
Centrally located in north Louisiana, Lincoln Parish is comprised of the communities of Ruston, Grambling, Choudrant, Dubach, Simsboro, and Vienna. Collectively, we are large enough to offer many wonderful amenities and small enough to maintain our unique small town charm.
Education is at the forefront of Lincoln Parish.
Louisiana Tech University is the heart of Ruston. Their enrollment continues to grow each year and reached a record number in the fall of 2017. Grambling State University, a historically black public university, is located in Grambling and is widely known for their Tiger football team and World Famed Tiger Marching Band. Ruston is also home to Louisiana Delta Community College which focuses on providing the skills necessary to address the workforce needs of the future.
Ruston and Lincoln Parish have assets that increase accessibility to national markets. Ruston sits at the intersections of Interstate 20 and Highways 167 and 33. Ruston Regional Airport has a 5,000 foot runway, and a commercial airport is located approximately 30 miles away.
In 2016, the citizens of Ruston voted to support a three-quarter cent sales tax to fund the Moving Ruston Forward initiative. Moving Ruston Forward will fund more than twenty water, sewer, and street projects totaling over $80 million. The Moving Ruston Forward initiative will also construct a new animal control facility, 12 miles of walking/biking trails, and a $35 million regional sports complex.
Ruston and Lincoln Parish have a diverse economic base
Ruston and Lincoln Parish are home to both domestic and internationally based companies. Over the past two years, 81 businesses with over 900 employees have opened in Ruston. There are also 780 new housing units currently under construction or permitted for construction within the City. Ruston has also become the healthcare hub of the area, including Northern Louisiana Medical Center, numerous clinics, long-term care facilities, and home health options.
While our people are one of our best assets, there is a quality of life in Ruston and Lincoln Parish that is second to none.
Whatever your interest, Lincoln Parish has something for everyone
- Squire Creek Country Club is an 18-hole world class golf course designed by Tom Fazio and is north Louisiana’s premier country club.
- Rated as one of the best mountain bike trails in the country, Lincoln Parish Park is a tremendous draw for mountain bike lovers and non-cyclists as well. The Park offers a ten mile trail, campground with RV hookups, backpacking, hiking, camping, and swimming.
- Ruston’s Rock Island Greenway is a shared-use walking, running, and bicycling path that will eventually run the length of the city, connecting neighborhoods, businesses, educational institutions, and recreational amenities.
- Currently under construction, the Ruston Regional Sports Complex is 185+ acres. The Sports Complex will be capable of hosting six tournaments at once – all ages of baseball, all ages of softball, adult softball, tennis, soccer, and cross country.
- Lincoln Parish is rich in arts and culture. There are a number of museums including the North Louisiana Military Museum in Ruston and the Eddie Robinson Museum in Grambling, as well as, the Historic Dixie Theatre in Downtown Ruston.
- Ruston’s cultural center has always come from Ruston’s core, the Downtown. Ruston was one of Louisiana’s first Main Street communities. Over the years Ruston’s downtown has become a Historic District and a Cultural District. In 2017, Ruston’s Downtown was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Ruston is also home to the longest running agricultural festival in the state of Louisiana, the Louisiana Peach Festival, which is held on the fourth weekend of June.
- Ruston has been named as Louisiana’s 5th Safest City in 2017 and 2018 by Safehome.org and National Council for Home Safety and Security respectively.
These are just a few of the assets that make Lincoln Parish great. Learn more about things to do in Ruston. Come experience Ruston and Lincoln Parish!
2111 N. Trenton St., Ruston, LA 71270