Named after the Historic Covington, Louisiana ox-lots, Oxlot 9 is an upscale southern bistro located on the ground floor of the restored historic boutique Southern Hotel in the heart of downtown Covington. Oxlot 9 has a simple yet sophisticated approach to seasonal ingredients found in the region served in a lively and comfortable setting. It is a place that reflects the character of a 200 year old city in every detail of its soul, from the welcome of the hostess to the last drink brought to the table by your server. It is a restaurant inspired by the beauty of the people, the gulf coast, and the heritage of the South. Chef Jeffrey Hansell focuses on Gulf-inspired Southern fare, and house and adjacent Cypress Bar serve a lively menu of craft cocktails. Reservations recommended.
When the Southern Hotel opened in 1907, visitors were greeted with the latest amenities: hot water, electric lights and carpeting. Newspaper reports from the grand opening also noted the property's fine china, linens and attentive service. With its grand reopening in 2014, the Southern Hotel began welcoming guests to relax in beautifully-appointed luxury rooms, delight in fine china and luxury linens once again, and experience personal service and attention to detail that makes for an unforgettable stay. The property includes meeting rooms, banquet facilities, Wi-Fi throughout, a fitness facility, plunge pool, restaurant and chic bar/lounge.
- Louisiana Cuisine
- Fine Dining
- Reservations Suggested
- Sunday Brunch
- Free Parking
- Street Parking
- Menu Item 1: Royal Red Ceviché Avocado, Lime, Yuzu, Jalapeño, Crispy Plantains
- Menu Item 2: OL9 Charcuterie Board Chicken Liver Pate, , Andouille, Tasso Ham, Duck Pastrami, Chaurice, Hogs Head Cheese, Traditional Accompaniments
- Menu Item 3: Grilled Green Tomato Caprese Crab-Boiled Mozzarella, White Remoulade, Basil Oil, Flash Fried Soft-Shell Crawfish
- Menu Item 4: Crispy Spear Caught Pompano Almond Flour, Brussels Sprouts, Brabant Potatoes, Brown Butter, Lemon
- Menu Item 5: Seared Duck Breast Cast Iron Spoon Bread, Acadian Honey, Braised Kale, Cherry Demi-glace
- Menu Item 6: Panfried Stuffed Rabbit Tasso, House Mozzarella, Sweet Potato Hash, Mustard Cane Syrup