Fine, made-from-scratch fare from chefs Keith and Nealy Frentz. Gourmet soups, salads, sandwiches and daily specials for lunch weekdays; upscale Louisiana-inspired menu for dinner, served Friday and Saturday. Full bar. The building that houses LOLA is the city's' historic train depot, the kitchen an actual train caboose.
You might have seen Nealy when she appeared in 2013 on the Food Network's "Chopped," coming in as runner up in the competition. Both she and Keith were on camera for an episode of the Food Channel's "Eat St." in February 2015.
Since its opening in January 2006, Nealy and Keith have racked up some big awards and recognition. In 2009 they were both awarded the "Chefs to Watch" from Louisiana Cookin' magazine. It was only the second time in its history that married chefs won the award. The magazine also placed them among Louisana's Best Small Town Chefs. In 2011 they finished third in the Louisiana Seafood Cook off, sponsored by the Louisiana Seafood & Marketing Board. They attempted the same cook off in 2012 and won first place. They were given the title of King & Queen of Louisiana seafood for the next year. With that title they were given the chance to compete in the Great American Seafood Cook-off to represent the state of Louisiana. Fifteen other states also competed. After all the cooking and judging, Louisiana placed 2nd.
Look for the Lola Deux food truck at community events, Covington Farmers Market, Pontchartrain Vineyards and more.
- Louisiana Cuisine
- Fine Dining
- Handicapped Accessible
- Open Year-Round
- Free Parking
- Full Bar
- Outdoor Dining
- Street Parking
- Take Out Available
- Menu Item 1: BOSTONIAN All natural turkey, bacon, provolone, avocado, sun dried tomato aioli, pressed wheat focaccia
- Menu Item 2: THE DEPOT Free range roasted chicken, house bbq sauce, slaw, mayo, provolone, house pickles, pressed white focaccia
- Menu Item 3: MUFFULETTA Chisesi ham, genoa salami, provolone, house olive salad, pressed white focaccia
- Menu Item 4: “Cobb”-oose: Lettuce, turkey, bacon, avocado, carrots, blue cheese, boiled egg and diced tomato with a classic French dressing
- Menu Item 5: Wild Des Allemands: catfish pimento cheese grits, collards, house tarter
- Menu Item 6: Cheshire Pork Osso Bucco: black eyed peas, collards, natural jus, orange gremolata