Nona's Seafood and Jazzmen Rice Salad Recipe
The fruits of Louisiana's sea and land meet in this delicious recipe.
Enjoy this delicious seafood salad from the acclaimed restaurant 2Johns Steak and Seafood in Bossier City.
April 2014 Recipe of the Month, courtesy of Louisiana Kitchen & Culture Magazine.
- 2 cups cooked Jazzmen brand rice
- ¼ cup Creole mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely diced Vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup peeled, cooked Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1 cup jumbo lump Gulf crabmeat
- ¼ cup finely diced tasso ham
- 1 cup small boiled shrimp
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Method of Preparation:
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and fold gently until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving. Note that if tasso is not available in your area, any smoked ham may be substituted.
Explore more recipes like this in the Culinary Trails around Louisiana or sign up to receive the eNewsletter packed with information, recipes and tips for your next trip to Louisiana. Visit Louisiana Kitchen & Culture Magazine.