Your favorite Louisiana dish just got an upgrade, this recipe for gumbo nachos is amazing!
Tasty Gumbo Nachos Recipe
Gumbo + Nachos = Yes, please! Combine your favorite Louisiana dish with your favorite snack, it's sure to please a crowd.
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ½ pound sliced fresh okra
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 9 cups tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ pound peeled and deveined large fresh shrimp
- 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Colby-Jack cheese blend
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup sour cream
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and onion; cook, stirring frequently until onion is softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add okra and garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in celery. Arrange chips on prepared pan, and add sausage mixture.
- Wipe skillet clean, and add oil.
- Toss shrimp with 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning. Add shrimp to skillet, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Place on top of nachos. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and remaining 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning. Serve over hot nachos.
Makes 4 servings
Recipe and images courtesy of Louisiana Cookin'.