Creamy Crawfish Pasta Recipe
Quick and easy, creamy crawfish pasta that is sure to please a crowd.
Whether you've got leftover crawfish tails from a boil or you just had a hankering for some creamy comfort food, this recipe is sure to hit the spot.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 1 (16-ounce) package cooked crawfish tails
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1¼ teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 6 cups hot cooked fettuccine
Garnish: chopped fresh parsley, chopped fresh celery leaves, lemon wedges
Method of preparation:
1. In a small Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Sprinkle flour over onion mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Whisk in cream, broth, and wine. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, and simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in crawfish, parsley, salt, thyme, and Creole seasoning. Serve over fettuccine. Garnish with parsley, celery, and lemon wedges.
Makes 4 servings
Recipe courtesy of Louisiana Cookin'