Crab Royale Recipe
Rich Louisiana crab gets the royal treatment in this decadent recipe.
Three generations of the Hunter family have worked to make Harlequin Steaks & Seafood a dining tradition in southwest Louisiana. The restaurant is the perfect spot to enjoy a special holiday dinner. But you can also have one of their signature dishes at home. Serve their Crab Royale at your next holiday party and it’s sure to be a hit. “It makes a delicious appetizer with crackers or an excellent topping for a steak or piece of grilled fish,” says owner/manager Nic Hunter. “Some even like it by itself as the main entrée.”
- 1 pound Louisiana lump crab meat
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
Method of Preparation:
- Carefully take out any shells from the crab meat. Lightly toss all ingredients, adding the parmesan last.
- Divide into small greased casserole dishes. Lightly sprinkle a little Parmesan and bread crumbs on top.
- Bake at 400 for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly brown.