Chargrilled Oysters with Artichoke Garlic Cream Sauce
This recipe for chargrilled Louisiana oysters topped with artichoke garlic cream sauce highlights the flavors of these fresh Louisiana oysters while jazzing up the dish with a creamy artichoke and garlic sauce. We love these oysters and we think you will too!
And check out the 60-sec instructional video below for any tips you might need to easily make this recipe at home.
Ingredients for Artichoke Garlic Cream:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 green onions, thinly chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic smashed and minced
- 1/8 cup dry white wine
- 1 can plain artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 3-5 dashes of a Louisiana Hot Sauce (such as Tabasco, Crystal or Slap Ya Mama)
Ingredients for the Oysters:
- 1 dozen Louisiana oysters, freshly shucked
- Fresh lemon, juiced from 1 lemon (seeds removed), plus 2 lemons cut in sections for plating
- Lightly toasted panko bread crumbs
- Parsley, fresh and chopped
- Kosher salt and cayenne, to taste
Method of Preparation:
- In a skillet, melt butter; sauté onions and garlic 2-3 minutes. Add white wine and reduce until mostly evaporated.
- Add chopped artichoke hearts and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add cream then reduce until thickened. Add cheese, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and lemon juice. Stir and add salt and cayenne pepper. Heat through. (Can be done ahead.)
- Place oysters on hot grill until start to bubble slightly; top each one with sauce and grill until sauce is bubbly and reduces slightly. Top each with a small amount of bread crumbs continue to grill one more minute.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Yield: 1 Dozen Oysters
When buying seafood, make sure to check labels to ensure that you're buying domestic seafood. U.S. seafood tastes better and it's regulated by the FDA so it's always safe.