Shrimp, Mirliton and Corn Macque Choux Recipe
Chef Patrick Mould shares his recipe for the Louisiana dish Shrimp, Mirliton and Corn Macque Choux.
By LouisianaTravel.com Staff
4 tablespoons butter
3 ears of corn, shucked and cut off cob
3 mirlitons,cooked, peeled and diced
1 cup chopped onion
½ cup diced celery
½ cup diced bell pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced, fresh thyme
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1 10-ounce can diced Rotel tomatoes, drained
1 pound peeled shrimp, raw
2 cups heavy cream
¼ cup Parmesan, grated
¼ cup green onions
¼ cup parsley, minced
- Heat butter in saucepot. Add corn and cook 10 minutes. Add mirlitons and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic and thyme. Cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Add Cajun seasoning and Rotel tomatoes, and cook for 10 minutes until water from tomatoes has evaporated.
- Stir in shrimp, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese, bring to boil; lower fire and simmer for 10 minutes until cream thickens slightly.
- Stir in green onions and parsley.
- Serve with rice, pasta or polenta.
Yields: 6-8 servings
Watch Chef Mould cook this favorite Louisiana recipe on our YouTube Channel.