Louisiana’s Wineries & Spring Concert Series
Two local Louisiana wineries, Landry Vineyards and Pontchartrain Vineyards, host seasonal concert series on their picturesque properties.
Take a beautiful local vineyard, add a jamming live band, and then throw in a blanket, picnic basket and a bottle of regional wine and you've got one great way to enjoy Louisiana's spring weather!
Two local wineries, Landry Vineyards in West Monroe and Pontchartrain Vineyards in Covington, host seasonal concert series on their picturesque properties. You're invited to stop by for an affordable evening of entertainment and delicious Louisiana-produced wines.
Landry Vineyards kicks off its 2013 Concert Series on March 9, with performances throughout the spring and into summer. But also mark your calendars as the fun continues through the fall. Concert times vary but typically run 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Admission to the concert is $6 per person, with children under 12 free. Feel free to bring your own lawn chair, blanket and picnic dinner—but no outside alcohol is allowed. Landry Vineyards wines, perfectly paired cheese trays, four types of boudin, and jambalaya will be available for purchase. The concert series runs through Oct, 19, 2013. See below for a schedule of their upcoming spring concerts.
In Louisiana's Northshore region, Pontchartrain Vineyards hosts Jazz'n the Vines. The series opens April 6, with a concert of New Orleans-flavored funk by Jon Cleary and the Philthy Phew. Performances run from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. with gates opening at 5 p.m. Admission is $10 per person, with children under 17 free. It's suggested to bring a lawn chair, picnic dinner, flashlight and umbrella. As with Landry Vineyards, no outside alcohol is allowed. But you'll be able to purchase Pontchartrain Vineyards wines and local food items. See below for a schedule of their upcoming spring concerts.
Please note that concert dates, times and performers are subject to change. Contact each vineyard in advance to confirm.
Landry Vineyards: 5699
New Natchitoches Rd., West Monroe; 318.557.9051; www.landryvineyards.com.
- March 9: Nathan Williams & Zydeco Chas-Chas, zydeco music; 2:30 p.m. to 6
- March 30: Brian Sivils Blues Band, Delta blues; 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- April 13: Tim Free “Bigeasy Freezy,” New Orleans jazz, blues and classic rock; 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- April 27: Code Blue & The Flatliners; 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- May 11: Daniel Sumner Jazz Band, jazz; 4:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
81250 Hwy. 1082, Covington; 985.892.9742; www.pontchartrainvineyards.com.
- April 6: Jon Clearly & The Philthy Phew, New Orleans-flavored funk and rhythm & blues; 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- April 20: The Charmaine Neville Band, New Orleans’ own diva of rhythm and blues; 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- May 4: Linnzi Zaorski, The Ninth Ward’s hottest torch singer; 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- May 18: Pine Leaf Boys, Grammy-nominated Cajun music; 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- June 1 TBA: 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.