Louisiana’s Cooking Schools
These Louisiana cooking schools can transform your recipe repertoire. Enhance your skills and learn to cook the amazing culinary specialties of Cajun and Creole foods.
Enhance your skills and learn to cook the amazing culinary specialties of Cajun and Creole foods that entice our taste buds and make Louisiana cuisine so distinct. Louisiana’s cooking schools are found throughout the state, and here are a few to discover during your next trip to Louisiana.
Louisiana’s Cooking Schools
New Orleans Area/Creole Fusion Trail
- Crescent City Cooks! - Located in New Orleans, Crescent City Cooks! helps visitors discover the essence of staple Louisiana dishes with daily cooking demos and small-group cooking classes that allow students to master two dishes and a dessert. http://www.crescentcitycooks.com
- New Orleans School of Cooking - Located in the heart of the French Quarter, New Orleans School of Cooking offers quick courses with daily demo classes, or you can treat yourself to hands-on instruction and techniques in a group setting. They also offer teambuilding classes. http://www.neworleansschoolofcooking.com
- New Orleans Cooking Experience - Experience traditional and historical recipes taught by well-known NOLA chefs. Sign up for a half-day class, a series of classes or weekend culinary getaways to the Big Easy. www.neworleanscookingexperience.com
Slidell/Northshore Sampler Trail
- Passionate Platter - This herb and gardening marketplace in Slidell brings the fresh flavors of the garden to cooking classes for both kids and adults. www.passionateplatter.com
Baton Rouge/Capital Cuisine Trail
- Louisiana Culinary Institute - Located in Baton Rouge, this top-notch culinary institute also offers a selection of leisure classes for anyone exploring their inner chef. Check out their big calendar of classes. www.louisianaculinary.com
- Viking Cooking School Outdoors - This fun outdoor cooking school boasts themed classes, such as Date Night or Tailgate Cooking. You’ll get a fresh view on gourmet Louisiana from the pool deck of the Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center. Read more about the school or visit their website www.vikingrange.com
Lafayette/Bayou Bounty Trail
- The Accidental Chef - Take a class from the Accidental Chef in Lafayette, Louisiana, to discover the culture and history behind a five-star Louisiana meal or hit the road with them for a custom culinary travel class and cook in the remote kitchens of these epicurean adventures. Read more about the Accidental Chef or visit their website.
With a variety of Louisiana cooking schools to choose from, you can be sure to go home with confidence that you can create a taste of Louisiana in your own kitchen.