Ponchatoula Strawberry Pie Recipe
Ponchatoula is known for its delicious strawberries, and its annual Strawberry Festival is one of our must-experience spring events. Enjoy some Louisiana berries in this simple yet tasty dessert featuring the state’s signature fruit. It is perfect for serving at spring gatherings!
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shells
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Method of preparation
- Arrange half of strawberries in baked pie shell.
- Mash remaining berries and combine with sugar in a medium saucepan. Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into boiling strawberry mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thick, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture over berries in the pie shell.
- Chill for at least 2 hours. Take whipping cream and beat in a small bowl until peaks form. Spread over top of chilled pie. Cut and serve!