Country Pecan Pie
What’s a holiday gathering without a slice of pecan pie? The folks at Classic Golden Pecans graciously shared their recipe with us. Visit their website or Lafayette store (4303 Johnston St.) for shelled pecans, pecan pepper jelly, pecan fudge and more. They also make several pecan flavors—cinnamon, Cajun spice, roasted and praline—right in the store.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup honey
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped Classic Golden Chef's Choice Pecans
9-inch pie shell
whipped cream or ice cream
Method of preparation:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Over low-medium heat, cook butter in saucepan, watching closely but not stirring, until golden brown about 5 to 8 minutes. Do not burn.
- Pour browned butter into bowl and set aside. Blend on heat corn syrup, honey, sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Add browned butter; blend again.
- Pour over Classic Golden Chef's Choice Pecan halves in pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees 10 minutes and then lower heat to 325 degrees and bake another 40 minutes. Center may seem a bit liquid but will set as the pie cools.
- Serve with real whipped cream or ice cream.