2016 information coming soon!
Mardi Gras in one of the biggest celebrations all year in Louisiana and there is no exception in Cajun country! Read about Cajun Mardi Gras traditions. Below are selected parades set to roll on Mardi Gras—Fat Tuesday—on February 17, 2015.
Learn about more Mardi Gras events across the state here.
Lake Charles Mardi Gras 2015 Schedule
Saturday, February 14
- Krewe of Omega Parade, Downtown Lake Charles, 2 p.m.
- Krewe of Barkus (doggie parade), Downtown Lake Charles, 3 p.m.
- Krewe of Illusions, Downtown Lake Charles, 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, February 15
- Children's Parade, Downtown Lake Charles, 3 p.m.
- Lighted Boat Parade, Civic Center in Lake Charles, 7 p.m.
Fat Tuesday February 17
- Motor Gras Parade, Downtown-Midtown Lake Charles, 11 a.m.
- Krewe of Krewes' Parade, Downtown-Midtown Lake Charles, 5 p.m.
For a full calendar of Mardi Gras events in Lake Charles and other southwestern Louisiana locations see Southwest Louisiana Mardi Gras.
The Lafayette Area Mardi Gras 2015 Schedule:
Fat Tuesday, February 17
- Fox 15 Independent Parade, Downtown Lafayette
- Lafayette Mardi Gras Festival Parade, Lafayette
- King's Parade, Downtown Lafayette
- Grand Marais Mardi Gras Parade, Jeanerette
- Krewe Chic-A-La-Pie Mardi Gras Parade, Kaplan
- Krewe of Coteau Mardi Gras Parade, Coteu
- Fat Lafayette Mardi Gras Festival Parade
- Eunice Courir de Mardi Gras
For more information about events leading up to Mardi Gras Day in the Lafayette area, visit the Lafayette Convention and Visitors Commission.
Morgan City Area Mardi Gras 2015 Schedule:
- Krewe of Adonis Parade, Morgan City, 7 p.m.
- Krewe of Dionysus Parade, Bayou Vista, 2 p.m.
- Cypremort Point Parade, Cypremort Point, 1 p.m.
- Baldwin Mardi Gras Parade, Baldwin, 12 p.m.
- Krewe of Galatea Parade, Morgan City, 2 p.m.
- Krewe of Amani Parade, Patterson, 2 p.m.
- Franklin Mardi Gras Parade, Franklin, 1 p.m.
- Krewe of Hephaestus Parade, Morgan City, 2 p.m.
For more details on events in the Morgan City area, see CajunCoast.com.
Houma Area Mardi Gras 2015 Schedule:
- Krewe of Mardi Gras, Houma, 6:30 p.m.
- Krewe of Terreanians, Houma, 12:30 p.m.
- Krewe of Montegut, Houma, 2 p.m.
- Krewe of Cleopatra, Houma, 6:30 p.m.
- Houmas Parade, Houma, 11 a.m.
- Kajuns Parade, Houma, follows Houmas Parade
- Bonne Terre Parade, Houma, 4 p.m.
For more details of events in the Houma area see HoumaTravel.com.
Opelousas Mardi Gras 2015 Schedule:
Head to Opelousas for their annual Half-Fast Krewe of Frank Mardi Gras parade. It has earned a reputation for being family-friendly with at least 30 floats, lots of beads, marching bands and dance troups. The parade lasts approximately an hour starting at the 600 block of East Landry Street heading west to pass Courthouse Square then turn up Bellevue Street to head back to its starting point. Once the parade is over, the street party begins and will last until 6pm. Half-Fast Krewe of Frank Mardi Gras parade is held Mardi Gras day every year.
For more details and event in the Opelousas area visit CajunTravel.com.